23 Practical ways to love yourself the God way as a single lady
Practical ways to love yourself the God way as a single lady.
As a Christian single lady you know with the eyes of faith that your single days are numbered, but the important thing is to live joyfully and fulfilled in this season of your life. How do we do this? How do you live a life of happiness and contentment even though you are single? How can you love yourself the God way as a single lady?
A lot of people call it self love and while it is possible to kind of want to shy away from this, it is actually a commandment to love others as you love yourself. Some people are masters at loving other people and accepting other people but they find it hard to cut themselves a slack even for a moment.
The other side to this coin of self-love is those that turn themselves into an idol that is they worship. Some will call it narcissistic. Now, as a child of God, a single lady waiting for the promises of God in marriage, how do you love ourselves within the boundary of grace and avoid these two extremes?
Because a single lady is as worthy of God’s love and attention as a married lady. What then are some of the practical ways to love yourself as a single Christian lady?
Practical ways to love yourself while you are single
1) Always have it in mind that God loves you regardless of your past and that when God forgives, He forgets. Don’t let devil send you on guilt trip errands.
2)Sing and laugh and dance even when no one is watching
3) Stay away from friends that bring out the worst in you
4) Praise God and rejoice for every small and great win
5) Accept yourself as God as made you; there is only one kind of you. You.
6) Forgive yourself for your past mistakes. They do not define you. If God can forgive you so can you forgive yourself
7) Enjoy your own company and eat your heart’s desire (as long as you can afford it) as often as possible
8) Thank God daily for the gift of life
9) Look after your physical needs in terms of diet and exercise. Remember you need a healthy body to house a healthy mind.
10) Learn to say No duties that are beyond your strength. Remember that if God wants you to do it, He will give you sufficient grace.
11) Make pleasing God the priority. You will never be able to please everyone, trying to do that will constantly lead to heartache.
12) Sieve out the perfect friends to hang out with. Few and faithful friends are way better compared to a bunch whom you can’t vouch for.
13) We live in a “more is better world”, but remember you might not need so much to be happy. Live joyfully and contented with whatever you have while you prayerfully seek for greater heights.
14) Always use prayer as the first resort when trouble brews and not the last resort. God is ever-present for your help.
15) Accept things you can not change and continue your on your journey.
16) Take it easy with yourself. You are only human, your strength is limited. So be patient with yourself.
17) Don’t waste time thinking on negativity. Only meditate on things that are true, honest, lovely and of good report.
18) Spend more time with people that care about you and whom you truly love. Time is limited. Spend it in love.
19) Go after your dreams and passion as much as you have the strength. The gift of a man will make way for him.
20) Live every moment intentionally. Never let anyone bully you into anything you would rather not engage in.
21) Live comfortably in your own skin. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. God knit all your parts together without exception.
22) Respect your own opinion. Your thought and opinions matter a lot.
23) Accept your past as your past, and live today with love and gratitude for every blessing and every second chance.
The secret to practising loving yourself as a single lady is to love yourself the God way and do it with the humility, simplicity and sincerity of a child. It is possible for you to be happy as a single lady while you are waiting for the promise of God.